Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Bunny love

A few days ago, Snowplow discovered how to break out of his fenced-in play area in the basement. I haven't caught him in the act yet, so I have no idea how he does it.

It works out well, though, because whenever he breaks out I let him hop upstairs and Molly gets a chance to play with him. I think they're bonding. Molly has discovered that she can feed the bunny treats, so now whenever we go near his cage she makes the "eat" sign. (I hope this means "I want to feed the bunny," not "I want to eat the bunny.")

Tonight she chased him around with Cheerios in her fingers, trying to get him to take them. He was a little put off by the way she shouted "Eh?" at him over and over again, but eventually he warmed up. Here she is feeding him parsley.




Snowplow did some big binkies (twisty leaps in the air) and silly sprints around the living room, which means he was about as happy as a bunny can be. He even ran between Molly's legs and seemed to be playing with her. Molly stroked his fur, mostly avoided poking him in the eye and tried to put a necklace on him. It's not surprising they're friends, considering they have so much in common. They both are attracted to electrical cords, they both eat anything interesting they see on the floor and they both love raisins, bananas and Cheerios.