Monday, December 8, 2008

Cranky pants

Did I mention that Molly screams?

Along with the dramatic highs lately we're getting some dramatic lows. She'll be playing quietly by herself and out of nowhere she'll scream as if she pinched her finger in a door. I run over, only to find she's angry because she can't pick up something off the floor.

She also shrieks in the car a lot lately. It's shrill and no amount of sweet talk or tossing toys to her can make it stop. On our Thanksgiving trip, sometimes singing "Old MacDonald" magically helped (no other song!).

Yesterday she got into a mood where she shrieked whenever I put her down, then stood at my knees crying and shrieking until I picked her up again. She's had a cold all week and seemed to be having a particularly rough time with it yesterday, so I'm sure that was a factor. I tried to carry her as much as possible, but she likes to reach out to "help" in the kitchen, which results in a lot of spills and frantic hand washing (she put her whole palm in almond butter last night -- ugh!!!)

"Who, me?" she says.


In the brief moments when she isn't shrieking, Molly has been cracking us up with a little comedy routine she's testing out. She puts pants on her head (too much "Blue Hat, Green Hat" maybe? Ooops!). We've seen this one many times now and it still gets a laugh.

OK, I should be napping during her nap. Jim and I were up in the wee hours of the morning again with her today for the second night in a row. So tired ....

1 comment:

AnnaPK said...

Perhaps these sweet beautiful little girl cousins are just evil? I think mine might be at least. (Lucy is also still sick and she seems a bit worse yesterday and today.)