Sunday, October 5, 2008

Some firsts

I think Molly took her first step Friday afternoon. It happened quickly and it's not what I expected. She was trying to get from her push toy to the gate at the top of the stairs. She leaned and took one step before falling onto her hands and knees. She hasn't done it since. I guess I had this image in my head that she would take one perfect little step (no falling at the end), then two, then be walking within a matter of hours.

Also, Thursday night Molly had her first trip out of the house alone with her daddy. They went to an art show where the wife of one of his work friends had some photos exhibited. I probably would have gone too except I had an appointment to get my hair cut for the first time since the baby was born. That was nice.

Another first: Molly climbed into my lap without any help when I was sitting in my chair. Since then she's been a climbing monkey. She almost climbed into the bathtub by herself. Today she scaled Mt. Couch.

She also spent her first night in her new crib last night. She's been in the Pack N Play for two months because her original crib was recalled. The company took forever to send me the voucher for a new crib. Then the replacement crib I wanted was back-ordered. We finally went to the store yesterday to pick it up and at the last minute I noticed they loaded the wrong crib into our truck!!! The whole thing was a mess from beginning to end. Why can't crib manufacturers build better cribs? I had no idea crib recalls were so common.


This has nothing to do with anything. She's a troll.

Silly baby.

No comments: