Monday, November 26, 2007

Home again

We made it back safely from our trip to Rochester this afternoon. We have so many wonderful new baby things to play with from two showers that I don't know where to start.

I think focusing on assembling things and laundry and setting up the nursery is a good distraction, though. I had the first waves of real fear this weekend as the showers wrapped up. Those were the last big milestones before the baby's born. Next time we see everybody we'll probably have a baby!!!! It's too exciting and terrifying to handle rationally. I woke up in the middle of the night last night (as usual, potty calls) and couldn't fall back asleep because my pulse was racing.

Fortunately the hormonal rollercoaster didn't kick in until the end of the weekend. Tinkerbell did her first (in utero) Black Friday Holly Trolly shopping trip. We made it all the way until the end of the evening before we got tired. We also had lots of yummy Thanksgiving food and pie, followed by two wonderful showers, one with Jim's family and one with mine. I'm surprised by how relaxed I feel now that we have pretty much all the gear we need for the baby. It's a big relief.

So, only about three days until the baby is considered full term. Just three more weeks until I start my maternity leave from work, unless the baby comes sooner -- that suddenly seems very short. I'm trying not to freak out about that, and about all the change that is about to happen in our lives. Ahhhhh!!!!

2 comments:

AnnaPK said...

Three weeks until maternity leave?!?! It seems soon, December must still be a long time away! :) This is so exciting!

Tessa said...

3 weeks! Welcome to full term :)