Thursday, April 12, 2012

Easter

We're back from our Easter trip.

Here we are at Mendon Ponds park. Molly has been telling me that hills she sees out the car window would be good running hills. I told her if she wants good running hills, this is the place to go. She wasn't disappointed.

You might have to zoom in to find the running kid in this one.

Kate didn't run but she did seem delighted to watch her sister.

We had a big birthday party for Kate at Oma and Grandpa's house.

Kate and the cake she refused to eat. Oh well, more for Mommy. :)

Here's the video I made for the party (posted here with kind of cheesy royalty-free music. If you want the original, play "Fireflies" by Owl City as you watch)



Then Easter morning we did baskets in the bird room. At one point I felt eyes on the back of my head and discovered the alpacas staring at us. They inched closer and closer until they were right outside the door.



On to the Easter egg hunt ...


And the big game of T-ball.

We've had a rough week since getting back. Molly threw up in the car just as we were getting on the Thruway. Kate threw up in bed after we got home and has been throwing up for three days now. Molly somehow didn't have any other symptoms but has a wicked cold. I got the stomach bug.

Today I let Molly make cinnamon critters from leftover pizza dough (I couldn't take her to school because Kate and I felt so yucky) and the one she made for me came out with a fantastic face -- exactly how I felt last night.


Mmmm, yummy cinnamon critter. I think I'm feeling better. ;)

1 comment:

Tessa said...

Happy Birthday Kate! Happy Easter! Sounds like lots of partying. Hopefully everyone is fully recovered by now. We had one Easter that involved a lot of chocolate throw-up. No fun!!

We loved the birthday video. Watched it several times. You'll have to teach me your mad movie making skills... though I bet they won't work on my linux computer :/