Tuesday, March 13, 2012

First step

Kate took her first step this morning!

She took my magazine out of my hands and was holding onto it. I don't think she realized what she was holding onto wasn't attached to anything. She picked up her right foot a tiny bit and lowered it just a bit ahead of where it was. I wasn't even sure it really was a step, but she did it again a few minutes later.

Molly was at school, Jim at work. The only other person around was the dishwasher repair guy. He didn't seem at all interested in the baby so I decided not to share -- just kept the excitement between Kate and me.

I don't have a picture of the magic moment, obviously, but I do have this video from a couple days ago that shows how Kate's been practicing her walking.

2 comments:

AnnaPK said...

Way to Kate!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We can't wait to see you guys!!

Tessa said...

Yay Kate!! That video makes me smile. Eve and I just watched it several times. :)