Saturday, January 21, 2012

More germs

It's been a sniffly month around here. We had maybe a day between the last wave of colds and the latest one. I kept Molly home from school all last week because she was so congested and exhausted. Kate had a fever for an entire day last week and couldn't be set down. At this point I've kind of forgotten what it's like to be healthy, which actually helps.

We're all on the mend now, though. Molly was back in school this week. Kate has been sleeping more like three hours between night wakings instead of two or less. Things are moving in the right direction, right? I was really hoping to work on getting her to sleep through the night, now that the holidays are over, but she's been non-stop sick. Blaaahhhh!

So I guess that's why I don't have a lot of photos to show. The ones I do have are either of the blur left behind of Molly running away (she's in one of those "don't take a picture of me" phases) or of Kate with a glistening upper lip. Ick. This is all I have that's presentable,


Kate really, really likes the dishwasher (just like her big sister did). If I'm in a good mood, sometimes I grant her ultimate wish and let her climb up on the door. Baby's clean!


Molly with silly braids.

We're going through yet another round of basement cleaning, which means discovering all sorts of treasures. This was the flute I got in 4th grade. Molly and Kate are both having a great time with it.

Kate is very quickly growing into a little person. She's doing more things now where she tries to engage you in some sort of game or activity. She likes to cover her face with a towel and then pull it down (pee-a-boo), hand you something and then try to pull it back (tug-of-war) or imitate sounds and gestures. It's fun to see Molly enjoying Kate's new playfulness. They have a good time together (when they're not making each other cry, of course). Uh, oh. I hear Kate crying. She hasn't been in bed for even an hour. Not a good sign. Gotta go.

OK, I'm back. Just wanted to add this.

Kate's favorite toy today was this paper towel tube. First she was dropping a wooden clothes pin through it. Then this marker. The rest of the day every so often we would find her dropping something in and lifting the tube to figure out where it would end up. Of course, she doesn't actually get the marker in in this video but it's the closest I got.

No comments: