Friday, December 2, 2011

Molly says...

I've got a stack of little papers here with Molly quotes on them. Time to share.


First, a couple weeks ago I heard Molly use her first casual swear word (I think it's her first). She was playing with a little doll she named Polly. Polly was sitting in the seat of a toy grocery cart and Molly, very quitely, made Polly say, "Bollocks. I have to stay in here the whole time and I want to get out."
There's only one person I know of in Molly's life who uses that particular British expression. We're looking at you, Daddy.

Speaking of Daddy, this week Molly and I discussed making gingerbread cookies today, which happens to be her Daddy's birthday. When I reminded her of this she got very excited and said the cookies could be for his birthday. Then she grew serious and she asked me, "Is he a cookie kind of man?"

And finally, this morning we couldn't find Molly's toothbrush on the counter. We discovered it in one of the drawers.
Molly said, "It was Daddy. He's a ninja. He's sneaky."

Happy birthday to the ninja daddy, who's really a pie man but is willing to eat cookies on his birthday if his daughter makes them. :)

1 comment:

Jim said...
This comment has been removed by the author.