Thursday, May 20, 2010

Ready to roll

Molly is super excited about the wedding this weekend. She packed her Mickey Mouse suitcase two weeks ago with underpants and socks, pulled it to the living room and told me, "I'm ready to go to Rochester." Last night she started asking questions about who gets to go down the aisle. Mommy? no. Lucy? yes. Molly? yes. Aunt Anna? no. I'm pretty sure she doesn't know what an aisle is.

Now I'm trying to pack that suitcase for real. Molly's helping. That is to say, she zipped the zippers, then put the suitcase in her bed, covered it with blankets and told me it was resting. Then she brought it some water to sip, a hunk of bread to nibble and then, when I made her stop jumping on it, she snuggled in bed next to it.


She just left the kitchen, saying, "I'm going to see how the suitcase is doing."
Oop, after some talking to it in her bedroom, which I couldn't understand, she just wheeled the suitcase down the hall, saying, "Pretty. Pretty. His mouth is pretty."
Now she's laying baby so carefully on top, whispering to her, and then ... oop ... spinning the suitcase and knocking the baby off.

Life is never boring when you're hanging out with a 2-year-old.








No comments: