Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Undies

It's only a little less than 2 months until Molly's second birthday. She's such a big girl!!!

A few days ago I decided it might be time to buy Molly her first underpants. Why? Because she dragged an over-turned laundry basket to my dresser, climbed up and opened my underwear drawer and pulled out several pairs of underpants. Then she pulled each pair up to her waist over her clothes and ran around giggling. I thought I got them all off, but then we were walking outside the neighborhood when I noticed a pair of underpants peeking out from under her coat. Hmmm. So we took a trip to Target and she picked out what she liked. Now she wears underwear instead of diapers for a few hours each morning and we practice taking them off and on to use the potty. I guess that means we're potty training, huh? I am SO not ready to give up cloth diapers.

Molly also gave up nursing a couple weeks ago. Jim put her to bed one night so I could have dinner with some former coworkers and she lost interest really quickly after that. She hasn't even mentioned it except one or two times since. I was not expecting that to be so easy!

The side effect is that we're reading a lot more books now as part of nap and bedtime routines. Molly is finally getting the attention span to sit through books other than little board books, which means I get to read the words in books again and not just reciting them from memory. Yay!

We've been having great fun lately with family visiting. We've also been having fun hanging out at home.

This is from Saturday when Molly asked her dad to get out a guitar, then ran into her room to get this little toy one for a jam session -- all her idea. :)

1 comment:

Tessa said...

Yay for undies!! And yay for no more nursing. Are you happy or do you miss it a little? Or a little of both? :)