Friday, September 25, 2009

'Do it, self'

Molly in the kitchen:

She's been very chatty this week. Just now she asked for a sheet of address label stickers ("thank you please") so I gave it to her. She folded it up and put it in the basket of her grocery cart and said "grocery store," then pointed to the stickers and said "grocery list."

She likes the concept of "right back," as in 'you wait here, I'll be right back.' Yesterday she said "right back" so I asked her where she was going. She said, "grocery store, buy bagels."

She's into the 'monkeys on the bed' rhyme lately. The other day she said "bump head." I thought she actually bumped, but it turns out she was talking about the monkeys. Today in the car she was saying "one monkey" and I couldn't figure out what she meant. Then she said "one monkey jump bed."

1 comment:

AnnaPK said...

Yeah pretend play!! I am so excited for the elaborate pretend games the cousins will play! We can't wait to come to see you guys!