Thursday, August 30, 2007

Pregnancy is ...

... opening a package of maternity underpants and thinking, "Woa! Those are huge! It'll probably be a month or two if I fit into these, if ever!" . . . then trying them on and realizing they fit perfectly.

That was my fun pregnancy experience of the day. I'd be feeling a little depressed about it right now if I wasn't so darn comfortable in these new undies. Yay for maternity clothes!

Plus, I love having a big belly. I like walking around with it. I told Jim I wish he could take a turn with it once in a while, just because it's fun and it's not fair that he misses out.

Sleep has gotten a little more difficult lately, but it's not my belly making me uncomfortable. It's this rule that you're not supposed to lie flat on your back after a certain point in pregnancy because the uterus rests on a major vein and cuts off blood flow to you and the baby. I keep waking up on my back and quickly rolling over to make sure we can both still breath. I've been bringing all sorts of pillows into the bed more often lately to try to get comfortable. The body pillow is nice, but it hogs the covers.

I guess I'll just add it to the list of things I'm going to do after the baby's born: eat a turkey sub, paint the walls and lie on my back to sleep.

2 comments:

AnnaPK said...

You are so right to buy the undies! I refused and man was I uncomfortable! :)

Tessa said...

Ahhh... maternity undies... :)

The midwives up here say that you really can't hurt yourself by sleeping on your back. They said that you'd wake up and be very, very uncomfortable long before any damage is done to you or baby. You definitely get to a point where it's just plain hard to breath on your back though and you'll probably stop finding yourself that way.

Time for another belly pic???